Provides personal, equipment, and real property security for faculty, staff, students, and visitors within an assigned area of the University campus. Provides escort services, and other basic public assistance services as needed, and performs routine security and public safety patrol duties within assigned area. Remains alert to emergency situations and provides first-line response, emergency management, and/or referral if required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provision of foolproof and secure security environments at campus.
- Establishment and monitoring at Central Control Room through CCTV network.
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to ensure security. Uses University keys to open and close buildings; monitors closed buildings for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities.
- Check and warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
- Provides escort services for visitors, students, staff, and faculty, as necessary. Provides other public assistance, such as lockout services, jump-starts, and routine information.
- Watches for and reports irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations. Contacts emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
- Remains alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and/or security code violators. Approaches suspicious persons and/or notifies police as appropriate. May confront and/or detain violators, as required, until police arrive.
- May provide safe and efficient transportation to University employees and/or visitors, as requested, using an institutional vehicle.
- Monitors assigned parking areas to provide public security and assistance.
- Maintains security controls for issued University keys; safeguards and controls issued University equipment.
- Prepares routine, standardized reports.
- Serves as Campus Security Authority as outlined by the competent authority.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.